Yep. Beyond that, two more days of school until I'm done for the year. 2012 that is. Two other things to talk about. My robot, and my planning meeting.
1. My Robot (and class)
Well, on friday morning, we have to have a lego robot ready to compete. It has to go up a ramp, do stuff (like knock over stuff, or push things into other things) and stop itself at the end. Right now, my team's robot has about 24 man hours on it, 12 of which are mine (there's 4 in my group). We built the chassis wrong, and I had to totally start over yesterday, but now I have the gearing right, it stops itself, and can actuate its piston to push over stuff, just can't get it to do it all. Still have 3 hours tomorrow to work on that. Then, after the break, on January 5th, the build season starts. That's when we find out what the competition's going to be, and we have 6 weeks to build 2 robots (a competition and practice robot) that will win. So, starting then, it's going to be nose to the grindstone every Monday night, and all-day Saturday. But that's ok, it'll be fun.
2. Planning Meeting (young men)
I don't like planning meetings. It's a given, like Plank's constant, or the value of pi. But, yesterday, I had one of the best planning meetings ever. We blew up balloons wrote ideas for activities on them, and threw darts at them. Yep, it was that cool. Trust me, it was fun.
Beyond that, I have a big test/quiz tomorrow on parabolas an oral in German on Friday, the lego competition on Friday, and a racquetball game tomorrow. I really just want this week to be over.
Until then, Bye!
P.S. I got my application packet for JROTC. I probably won't be done filling them out until after winter break, for reasons to go over later. I'm excited!
Okay - I have a lot of thoughts:
ReplyDelete1: GORGEOUS picture! I do sometimes miss the snow. Don't tell anyone I said that.
2: Your robot sounds amazing! I'm sorry not everyone in your group is pulling their weight. Teachers will tell you it's important to do group projects because you will be put in team situations in "the real world" but usually they do it because it cuts down on the amount of work they have to grade.
3: That sounds like the coolest planning meeting ever! Who came up with the idea? And were you guys (the youth) happy with the activities chosen? What were some of the activities?
4: Good luck with all of your games/competitions/tests/quizzes!!
5: We are currently under a tornado warning. It's gotten to the point where I don't freak out anymore. That's all.