Saturday, February 23, 2013

End of Term!!!!

Well, last day of school for winter of 2012-2013 is over, well, was over yesterday. Much has changed, and I have LOTS to catch up on. I'll just start listing them off.

Running. I need to be able to run medium distances (1 to 5 miles) at a reasonable time in pants and boots for a number of purposes. I was going to start running with dad, he goes about 2 to 5 miles, but he got sick, and then he left for Massachusetts. Ya, so I've just been waiting, because it's snowing outside. Hard.

Schedule. I got my preliminary schedule for spring term, and boy does it look fun. I still have all of my academics  and orchestra, but now I'm taking simple computer programming (because I already took the class, and it's fun to be able to know it, so you can help others, make it better this time, and just have 3 hours a week to goof off in a nerd way) and photo BW Darkroom II. I remind you that this is still a preliminary schedule, so while I'm certainly in SCP (simple computer programming), I may not make it into BWD if the class fills up, as I've already taken it. I'm still excited though.

Tests. I just got back 2 more tests that were 91% or higher, one in History and one in Math. Also, I got a 88% on my English recitation. Finals start on Monday, so I'm just a bit apprehensive.

Testing. Dr. Swinyard was on Thursday, and my A1c is down by 0.6 points. While it's still high, he says that in the last 2 weeks, I've been doing pretty good. So, I just need to test more, but my averages are coming down. Mari is the new Testing Nazi, and she's pretty excited.

Robotics (I've been waiting for this). WE'RE DONE. We had to bag up our competition robot on Tuesday  and not work on it. We are allowed to hold back and work on 30lbs. worth of crap, but that's not all we're working on. We are building a complete replica to practice with. So, the competitions are late march and 1st week of april, so not much time to work on it. I'm going to be gone in Florida while they work on it during spring break, but I'm sure we'll finish on time.
Well, I hope that makes hana feel better about me emulating her posting habits. Here's a video to make everyone excited for robotics. Hint, we can't do most of that stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment