Thursday, October 18, 2012

I'm Probably Going To Quit My Job

Yep. It's true. Why you ask?
Well... I'm taking robotics and racquetball next term, which means getting home late on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and going up to Waterford on Saturday from 10 to about 3-4 (maybe public transit!!!). That, coupled with my psychiatric appointments, means that I'm going to be a hard to reach person. Not much time for work.

Then, there's the problem on the side of work. Some may or not know that we have new managers, and they are sticklers. We had a huge meeting when they came, and I tried to do better. But as I'm not scheduled much, it's pretty changeable from shift to shift. So, when I walked into the closet today, to check on my hours, I saw this paper. (picture didn't work, so here's the text on it: Supper Servers..Until further notice: Call 'On Duty' Manager To Inspect The Dining Room Before Leaving. Cal 801-224-8044. We will come to the dining room and inspect your work.)

This shocked me. I had only not worked for a week, and apparently, in that short time, they had started checking up on us. Now, don't get me wrong, I do pretty well, so it's not ME I'm worried about, it's those slow servers going even slower to constantly correct themselves and others, and not work. Then, couple this with an untrained server who was completely lost at what to do with the new rules, and would not listen to any of us, even when spoken directly to and repeated. COME ON. We know what we have to do to get out on time, so please stop following me making sure I do my job right, when you're not even doing your job. Then when the manager came to inspect, he said it was wonderful  except that the floor on the bottom of the tables was "crappy". Guess whose job it was to vacuum underneath the tables, and the entire floor? I'll let you figure it out. So we had to vacuum the entire dining room again, because of his inability.

So, these reasons make me not really like my job.
then mom comes in and says" Are you going to buy an hour, because your obviously not doing homework." Thanks. If you prefer me to yell at people, shut up mom. Yelling at me because rob broke plates does not get you points.

No comments:

Post a Comment